Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Bake!

I am now a baker! I actually made my own chees Danish this weekend (Barefoot Contessa Recipe, thanks Daniella Summers!) It was very easy to make… even factoring in that I’m a non cook and don’t even own a hand mixer (recipe called for one of those huge mixers with different attachments). I found that beating it with a fork with all the ingredients at room temp worked just fine. Here’s a picture of my culinary delight…


If I were to make it again I would probably omit the lemon. It called for 2 lemons worth of zest, 1)I’m not a lemon fan and 2) it tasted like a lemon Danish and not a cheese one… but overall I really enjoyed it. I think I’m going to get more puff pastry and bake it with apple filling inside (APPLE TURN OVERS!). My main problem right now is that nothing will stay down. Not even water… I have about a one hour window from2-3pm in which I’m not nauseous and starving to boot! Yesterday at 2pm sharp I had the strongest desire for a chik-filet sandwich and barreled my way down rte. 7 to get one before my nausea returned.




It was the best chicken sandwich ever.
Tonight I’m expanding my culinary genius by attempting chocolate cheese cake cupcakes. Stay tuned!!!




Pregnancy update: Made it to 7 weeks, first apt next Tuesday!
Pregnancy weight gain -3 lbs (morning sickness…)







Luca Update: Kid got his first black eye! Ran right in to a dresser corner… everyone says it wont be his last *Tear


Scott Update: Starts his FE/PE prep classes in a few weeks! I’m going to miss him all those Saturdays but I’m excited for him to take this step!!!

3 comments:

  1. Mee too, not a fan of the lemon zest either. I also bake them at 400 instead of 425, that way they don't get all burned up on the top and sides. And I rotate the pan halfway through by putting on the timer.

    Yes, they ALL get a black eye by runnign into some peice of furniture or wall.

    I miss Chick Fil A :-( That sounds so good right now. I was the same as you up until week 10 or 11. After that things got significantly better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened? No more posts? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OKAY WROTE ONE!!! JUST FOR YOUUUUU!!!!

    ReplyDelete