Thursday, July 14, 2011

Boy or Girl!?

God willing we'll have a new baby some time late february/early march... and of course that has opened up the question "Do you want a boy or a girl"... now the correct answer for this is "we just want a healthy baby"... I absolutley want nothing but a healthy univentful pregnancy (if you were around for my pregnancy with Luca, you'll recall the scare with SUA and Preeclampsi!). That being said Scott and I WOULD like to have at least one of each (eventually). I'm not sure if we'll stop at two if we get a boy and a girl, but I do know we've worked out a little system for having more or not... Here it is;

If we have another boy, we'll try one more time for a girl, if we get 3 boys... well that might just be it considering how wild Luca is :)(my mother always said Veronica and I would not be here today if Sal had been born fist...THANK YOU GOD!).

If we get a girl we'll wait a few years before thinking of more (but you know the baby bug could hit whenever, or not at all...).

We haven't ruled out adoption and still are trying to figure things out with our potential foster... but the breaks are on that for now... (i will blog about that eventually)

SOOOO to be suprised or not to be suprised... that is the QUESTION...when have I ever been the waiting kind?! SO i broke down and bought a Gender Prediction Kit...
The website boast a 90% accuaracy rating if done correctly and it can be done as early as 10 weeks!!! August 9th I'll be Peeing on a stick again to see what it says!!

Any thoughts!?

4 comments:

  1. congratulations on your second baby! i agree it doesn't matter the gender as long as it is healthy that is the most important! i am your newest follower :-) meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MEG!!! Just checked out your blog too! You rock at keeping it up! Plus 1 for me on your blog!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend told me that when she was pregnant and asked what she wants, she said either as long as it was healthy. Well, the baby boy wasn't. He was born with heart defects that would lead him to have surgeries throughout his life. But she recently told me that even though she just wanted a healthy baby, she still loves her precious one who isn't. In the end we mothers have no conditions or preferences as long as we can hold them :-)

    Let me know how that prediction test goes! I'm tempted to go out and get one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, good point!! come to think of it when I was pregnant with Luca the drs said there was a chance he could have ds or a congenital heart defect (of course he came out fine) BUT at the time I just wanted to carry him to term and meet him, losing him was a scarier thought!

    I think you should go get one! You are closer to the 20 U/S and can tell me how accurate is for you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete