Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Plague and some baby blues~


So I know I promised to blog more... And yet here I am 4-5 weeks from my last post finally posting a blog (and this one will have to be short). I really did mean to write something sooner, but the Haun house hold has just begun to recover from the Plague (not the real plague of course, that was deadly and bubonic) but the pneumonia inducing (at least in Scott’s case see his pict at hosp), fever spiking, nose dripping, lying in bed 24-7 variety of plague… and I’m cautiously declaring our freedom from the nasty little virus that is now making its way through the Rivera house hold (sorry fam!).PRAISE GOD!!! Their recovery couldn’t have come at a better time because today I am 12 weeks pregnant and more exhausted then ever!


Exhaustion is my new way of life. It seems that I rarely have a moment in which I feel like myself. I’m definitely not one of these “I love being pregnant” type gals, the end result is worth it (at least it feels that way at the end) but all this in between stuff is not for the weak at heart. Every day I think the nausea is starting to subside and decide that it will be the day I wean myself off Zofran (the miracle morning sickness drug), and every day I throw up everything I’ve had that day and then some… and dig my Zofran out of the drawer…so it looks like my love affair with it will continue… It worries me a little because there has not been much research done on it, but the midwives keep assuring me that it is safe… hmmm When do the benefits ever really outweigh the risks? …


In other prego news I have not been able to shake feelings of general sadness. I’m not a sad person, I love to laugh, play, sing dance and I haven’t really felt like doing any of that these last few weeks. I’ve been feeling disconnected with everyone and everything and even with this pregnancy… It’s been rough I’m not going to lie. It’s been a struggle to get out of bed and put my clothes on! SO if you are a little prayer warrior would you mind adding me to your list!? The enemy sure knows how to speak lies to us in our most vulnerable moments… I’m trying to cling to the truth that God will never leave me or forsake me! I have my 12 week checkup today at 2:15 maybe that will give me some excitement over new baby and cheer me up!


Today’s High- Getting to go to my 12 week check up!
Today’s Low- Having to take a jug of my pee to my 12 week check up to get a baseline on my protein (gross, tmi, I know)
OOOOO can’t wait to share my Luca 2 year old birth day ideas!!! VERY COOL!!! xoxox



(can you tell i'm hoping girl?) lol

5 comments:

  1. Your baby belly is sooooo cute!! I'm sorry you have a case of the blues - it's hard not to when everyone has been sick, nausea is the norm, and it's been so hot lately. I'll be praying for an uplifted spirit :) I'm sure your appt will get at least a few smiles out of you though - yay little baby Haun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, do I know how you feel! It sounds so much like my pregnancy with Davey. I started feeling anger, anxiety, irritability, and blatant signs of depression about a week after finding out I was pregnant with him. When I told the nurse at the office how I've been feeling (emotionally) at my 8 week check up she said "Of course! Because now you know what you have to lose"

    First time around we are kind of in a la la land because we don't know really what's happening. We also didn't have another little human being to take care of, making us SOOOO exhausted by the end of the day. Sometimes physical exhaustion (and getting hit by "the plague") can have a huge impact on our mental and emotional state.

    I will say this: I wish I would have told my doctor about my irritability and behavior because, while it may have subsided a bit by the time I hit third trimester, I think it always remained there and it cause post-partum dpression (amongst other reasons, like the way he was born and all). Be encouraged and know that 1, it's normal to be a bit more anxious and tired second time around and 2, BATHE yourself in Scripture day and night. Don't let Satan have a way in this. New studies have come out to show that a mother's behavior is felt by and transfered to the baby when in-utero. I wish I really knew this, because Davey has been extremely anxious since the day he was born and it hasn't gone away. God is bigger than anything and I know He can heal and restore....

    Sending you love and hugs! Have a good cry if you need to and then start counting all fo His gifts given daily :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress fits you well with that bump. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I will definitely be praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww you look adorable! Good luck! :)
    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete