Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy Friday!

I'm so grateful its Friday you can't even begin to imagine how much!!! I know you shouldn't "wish your life away" for the weekend but I love the down time and hanging out with my family so much it’s hard not to want to skip the stuff in between!
Scott starts his FE/PE Prep courses today! I’m so proud of him and excited that he’s moving forward with his career. Even though I am thrilled he’s moving onward I had a hard time letting him go this morning! We have never been a part in the 3 + years or marriage! Not for more than a few hours (a work day). I’m not really looking forward to 3 weekends of him being away. I am so thankful however that he’s willing to make this sacrifice for the betterment of our family and that God didn’t let things with the Air force pan out because I wouldn’t have made a very good military wife. I’m selfish and want Scott to be with me ALL the time!!!Seriously I have one GREAT man! Let me brag on him for a second; when I get home from work dinner is on the table… he does this somehow while still picking up Luca from “grandmas”/babysitters, having significantly less sleep then me ( leaves 2 hours BEFORE me for work in the AM, even though he stays up with me at night because he wants to be with me)… then after all this he gives Luca a bath ( Luca prefers him to do this because I’m not as fun, I sit and read a book while he bathes while Scott makes bath time fun by introducing car noises, rocket ships crashes and sharks swimming in the tub). Every Friday he brings Luca to see me at work along with a huge salad...and as if all this was not enough he gets up and cooks breakfast for me and Luca on the weekends(normally whatever Luca is craving; pancakes or doughnuts and whatever I’m craving!) AND my personal favorite thing;he always keeps my car filled with gas… I don’t even know when/how he does it… but I never put gas in my car. EVER… It’s always magically full… Sigh… THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU JESUS FOR MY GIFT OF A HUSBAND!!! Ha-ha that’s only the tip of the iceberg but you get the picture (thanks for letting me brag for a bit). Sigh… can’t wait for these classes to be over!!!
The other reason I feel like I really need him the next few weekends is that I was diagnosed with Complete Placenta Previa yesterday. I’m not on bed rest or anything but I’m not supposed to be lugging Luca around or doing a ton of physical activity (hard to do with a 2 year old!). I’m really glad to have a reason behind my complications though.*TMI WARNING*** MENTION OF WOMANLY THINGS*** If you’ve read my blog before you know I’ve had a few scares (when I thought I might be miscarrying b/c of bleeding) and have had on going problems with spotting... Well it turns out if the placenta is covering the cervix, blood can sometimes leak out. The hope is (since I’m still pretty early on) that the Placenta will move up as the baby does (it never moves down). If it doesn’t completely move off the cervix then I will have to have a C-section… but we are taking things one day at a time. Last night the Elders at Oasis motorcycle ministry ( I was leading worship for their annual retreat) felt prompted to lay hands on me… so maybe that darn placenta’s already moved up through the power of the Holy Spirit working by their faith! May it be so!!! My mom was pretty funny when I told her about the Placenta Previa… she said
‘You Just can’t have a normal pregnancy can you”… ha-ha I said
‘no mom I guess I can’t! But I’m truly grateful to God because he knows how complacent I get. If it weren’t for Luca’s SUA/Preeclampsia and Baby Jo-Jo Haun’s (as Luca told me the baby was called last night/ probably because his lil best friend is Oliva-Jo or Jo-Jo) Placenta Previa/ beginning stages of Preeclampsia (utters prayer against this) I wouldn’t have prayed/been praying for my babies… To God be all the Glory in all things right?! His ways and thoughts are truly higher than ours (Isaiah 55). I will never stop being amazed at his sovereignty, providence and mercy!
SO I will end this longer than normal blog with a request for MORE prayers. I truly believe that our Lord desires the prayers of his saints. Together we can do all things in Christ Jesus who is our Strength. I am declaring victory over my pregnancy in the Name of Jesus and consider all these present trials pure Joy because I know that the testing of my faith is producing perseverance! And hopefully I can let that perseverance finish its work so that I may be mature and complete not lacking in anything!

Lows: Finding out I had a complete placenta Previa
Highs: Being prayed over for healing by tough bikers for Jesus and realizing that God has his hand on even this.

3 comments:

  1. God is already working on your baby's testimony (and yours)! We are all living testimonies - from birth. Praying for you and that little baby. He/She will be a world changer for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to what Lauren said! People see you as this beautiful glowing woman who welcomes the lovely & unlovely in with her honesty & transparency. People will be all the more blessed & ministered to by your stories b/c of your willingness to be open.

    And you're right - gosh, I didn't start prraying fervently about Isabella until the doctors said she wouldn't make it. I love the line in the biography of Hudson Taylor:..."and then the baby of 1,000 prayers was born." That's your kids & mine. What a blessing for them to have already have had thousands of prayers whispered from their mothers' & others' lips! You write music. I'd love to hear you apply the story he's given you to music. I'm praying, honey, for a sweet pregnancy & delivery & God's best. Love yas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a well written post. Your husband sounds like a wonderful hubby you have!

    ReplyDelete