Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Inconveivable! A completely pointless blog, but a random thought I had.

Can I say princess bride is probably THE best movie of all time! So many pearls of wisdom to be had (and I only watched like 10 min last night) in those 10 minutes I got;

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means”… seriously how many times have you wanted to say that to some tight pant intellectual who uses words like Cornucopia or Lapidary? ‘Yeah buddy now tell me again in English… lol

“Tell me who you are I must know” Inigo Montoya
“Get used to disappointment” Westly

Get used to disappointment! WHOA what’s the age bracket for this movie? Can we say hitting the nail right on the head and teaching the young ones too?

Can I get the guy who wrote the screenplay? Here are a few of my favorite lines

Vizzini: “Am I going MAD, or did the word "think" escape your lips? You were not hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land mass”

Vissini again: You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

OMG I don’t think I’ve been so hugely diverted since I accidentally shouted out ‘3 plus 3 is 9 in a heated rage’… I’ll have to save that story for another time! It’s been years since I’ve watched it and I wish it wasn’t on so close to bed time! My favorite line is probably the repeated use of inconceivable, and it got me thinking that that word ‘inconceivable’ is highly subjective. Maybe what’s conceivable to me is not at all likely to you. So now I feel sort of bad for Vizzini, because he really thought he could succeed against true love (or in this case in starting a war against Gilder).

Why don’t they make movies like this anymore?

AAhhahaha sorry. I don't know why I think this is so funny. Feel free to hate this blog I realize it's completely pointless but maybe you get a little insight to the kinds of things that run through my head all day :P

No comments:

Post a Comment