Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Half Baked

½ baked
(Not a drug reference but being used here as a term to describe condition of pregnancy progress)

Can I just say counting down the days of a pregnancy is a lot like waiting for Ryan Seacrest to say and ‘and the person who will make it to the top 8 this week is….’ Dun dun dun…. Commercial! You get psyched for the first sonogram and… dun dun dun… okay so we get to see a flicker on the screen what’s next?! Lol I guess that’s just the impatient part in me. I just wish it wasn't such a LONG process!!!

BUT HEY...I finally made it past a commercial break today! I’m officially 15 weeks pregnant (measuring bigger possibly) and get to go back in 4 weeks instead of 5 to find out what the sex is! This also means in 4 weeks I’ll be ½ baked, and that I’ll be on top of the pregnancy hill ready to roll down!!! HAPPPPPY!! ( OH and Scott and I got to see the little lover and he/she is the sweetest little thing ever, he/she’s a bit camera shy and tried to kick and fight his/her way from the screen but hopefully we’ll get a good view 4 weeks from now!

On a sadder note I’ve officially gained 5 pregnant pounds (which I blame completely on Scott's super accommodating husbandly ways which include (all hour of day grill cheese, 4 Oreo cookie milkshakes and 3x a day mango madness smoothies from tropical smoothie) outlook glum for totally weight gain.. lol actually the doctor says I’m perfect and I’m on track to only gain about a total of 25 lbs! HAPPY… I’m keeping it that way, I’ve been walking, lifting little baby weights and only eating 1-2 splurge items a day which make up that extra 300-500 calories you are supposed to consume a day anyways. SO THERE! Dr. Sethi says my attitude about the weight gain guarantees I wont gain more because people who worry about it are active about not gaining it (which means me) HAPPY again. So many highs and lows right?

The cats sort of out of the bag now too, it’s hard to keep things like this a secret when you blog about, mention it on face book and are to excited to not mention it! I find being pregnant has it’s definite perks! No lifting, people moving for you etc. I wonder if they’ll be as great when the kid's actually born, I for one have never liked having to sit near some one with a baby because they; scream, smell, throw up …. So I’m thinking the golden age has dawned and I should enjoy the perks while they last.

(Stealing high’s and lows from Lauren because it’s so relevant and she’s highly imitatable)

Highs-

Getting to spend 3 hours out of the office and the rest of the time in it with no one there (planning conference of some sort?) and of course seeing that the little life growing in me is not an alien after all and actually resembles a human!

Lows-

Temperatures that never reach 50 degrees, transmissions that need replacing with the tax money that has yet to be filed. And speaking of taxes, getting them done tonight before tomorrow’s April 15th deadline… balls.

I think I’ll start calling the alien Nikscotie until we know if it’s a boy or a girl. I just feel wrong calling it an it or an alien.

Till next time my pretties.

1 comment:

  1. When I read your place-holder name, it made me think of Biscotti.

    Mmm biscotti. Not that I want to eat your child, because I don't, but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete