Thursday, November 13, 2008

What now?

So after some soul searching, a bit of praying and a tad of googling reasons to leave a church... I found that the only reason to REALLY leave a church is if they are not following the bible, are adding to it, or acting like God. Or if God sends you somewhere else. Which is what I already knew. So Scott and I (well me really because Scott has been saying we need to be there) decided to commit to pray continually for our pastor and for the church. YEAH AMEN! RIGHT?...

Well not 2 hours after committing to "be the change" we want to see and committing to inviting more friends and checking our bad attitudes in general it seems like the church might be calling quits on us. I don't know if that's true for sure, but I have to say I couldn't blame them. We're coming to a time were it's taboo to be a christian again; back to the days of persecution if you genuinely follow Christ and are not just a "Sunday" christian with the tolerance of all being the new mantra.
It's so disheartening. The economy is bad so people aren't being as faithful in their tithing, if they truly tithed to begin with (Scott and I have had problems with that ourselves this past month but have been keeping account of how much to add in following months) which goes to show we're not yet relying on God fully because I know people who tithe regardless of whether or not they have enough to pay for everything else... GOD help us to trust you more! How can we have a church with out people/ and if the people fail to give what is Gods how do we go on? We just need God to intervene right now, desperately so. I just don't know what would happen if the church did die out. I love these people, they 're my family...

Verse: Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Okay, I'm going to try and not be anxious... but what actions can we take?

No comments:

Post a Comment