Friday, November 14, 2008

Still no news

Still no verdict on whether or not we continue. How frustrating. I keep finding myself wondering what we are doing wrong, why it seems God's favor is not with us. What should we do? how should we pray? Is it God's will to stand aside and let what will happen happen? How much of faith is in action?

I always hear people tell me to 'wait on the lord' what does that look like exactly? I read a email forward few weeks ago that told a story about a man who was lost at sea; he called out to God to save him... a few minutes later a man in a row boat came by and asked if he needed a lift.. the man said no, that God was going to save him... so off the row boat man went. Again the man in full assurance of being rescued by God cried out "Lord please save me!"... over the next wave came a couple on a speed boat... well you get the picture (this happened 3x)... the man drowned and when he got to heaven he asked God 'Father why didn't you save me?' and God said, "well i sent you the row boat, the speed boat and the coast guard..."
That story leads me to believe that as much as we wait for the miraculous things God has for us... sometimes he doesn't work so grandly as rising up the dead and walking on water... So where are the open windows to our closed door?

God! Please help us see the plans you have for us!

On another note, Scott and I are going to 'Dive Deep' hosted by the UVA Kai Alpha tonight. I'm so excited to go and to be amongst TRUE worshipers. I get so discouraged being ON a worship team and seeing what should be praise to our king seemingly come to nothing ( what happened to worship any way!? another topic all together). So I'll write more later on how that went.

his <><

No comments:

Post a Comment